Situated in Ruddington on the edge of Nottingham in the East Midlands, Easthorpe School provides specialist education for 7-18 year olds with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our pupils may have a number of diagnoses including: ASD, ACES, ADHD, FASD, anxiety and/or, communication and interaction, cognition, and learning needs.
We offer a high quality school based provision that makes it possible for children to:
- Engage with teaching and learning
- Attend 100%
- Strengthen skills and knowledge
- Trust the familiar people around them
The school will has positive impact on the quality of life for both our children and the people around them.
Easthorpe school is rated outstanding by Ofsted in all areas. View our latest Ofsted report.
Passionate about education
We are passionate about what we do and that’s providing a high-quality, aspirational education for children offering individual learning programmes. We take a holistic view of each of our children, offering individual care and a complete range of support that’s constantly evolving with their needs.
- Small bespoke groupings of 4-6 children plus a class teacher/tutor and at least one Teaching Assistant per group across our spacious site, with appropriate boundaries in place to safeguard all children.
- Within the Polaris Community we have six SEN schools across the UK who work together to provide each pupil with a tailored, diverse and appropriate education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes engagement, inspires learning and encourages achievement.
- Our schools offer safe learning areas for our younger pupils to ensure they are able to thrive and grow while receiving high quality teaching based on the National Curriculum. Teachers adapt the pupils learning to suit their ability and needs. We want to make sure that our pupils, regardless of age feel welcome and secure throughout the school day.
- A broad curriculum leading to external accreditation at GCSE level, with enhancement opportunities for vocational qualifications such as functional skills, ASDAN,Entry Level and AQAawards. In addition to these enterprise-driven qualifications, Entry Level Employability Skills and Towards Independence programmes will be offered.
- The on-site team will be equipped and trained to support children with individual communication needs.
- Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) can have a tremendous impact on our young people and their futures. We work with the young people to support them to work through the impact that their experiences may have had on them. By working in a trauma informed way we can help our young people to have a better future.
At Easthorpe School, we want to provide education and support that makes a real difference to the quality of life experienced by our pupils and their families.
Part of the Polaris Community
Within the community, we have independent fostering and adoption agencies who have been passionately improving the lives of young people for over 30 years, as well as Leaving Care services, Education and bespoke children’s services contracts. Our nurturing community works collectively to support the very best outcomes for each and every child in our care. We’re ambitious for our children and young people, families and staff, and believe in their futures.
Get in touch
For more information or to discuss fees please contact us using the form.
t: 01156 977975
165 Loughborough Road,
Nottingham, NG11 6LQ